“The iPhone XS Max was launched back in 2018 with a starting price of Rs 1,09,900”
iPhone XS Max is selling in India with a massive discount of Rs 43,000. The 2018 flagship offering from Apple is listed on Amazon.in at Rs 66,900, down from its launch price of Rs 1,09,900, for the 64GB storage variant. It’s an opportune time for those eyeing for the iPhone XS Max for a long-long time. The handset is still among the best in the business, with Apple’s A12 Bionic chipset, 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display, and a battery that is rated to last up to a day on moderate to heavy usage. That said, should you invest Rs 66,000 on iPhone XS Max when you’ve got the latest Apple iPhone 11, with slightly better specs, retailing in India at Rs 64,900? Let’s find out:
iPhone XS Max – Why you shouldn’t buy
The iPhone XS Max is good but falls short in quite a few areas when compared with iPhone 11:
- The iPhone XS Max has Apple A12 Bionic chipset under the hood, which is not a bad chipset per se, but it lacks the firepower of the iPhone 11’s A13 Bionic chipset. Both the handsets are equipped with 4GB RAM and at least 64GB storage onboard.
- For photography, the iPhone XS Max cameras lack the versatility that iPhone 11 brings to the table. The iPhone XS Max, to recall, has dual rear cameras with 12MP wide-angle sensor and a 12MP telephoto lens for portrait images. The iPhone 11 also packs dual rear camera with 12MP wide-angle sensor but the secondary sensor is a 12MP ultra-wide-angle sensor that captures more of the scenery, thanks to the wide field of view. The cameras are backed by a dedicated night mode, software-backed portrait shots, and Deep Fusion technology to further enhance the results. All these features are missing on the iPhone XS Max.
- The selfie camera of the iPhone XS Max is not at par with iPhone 11 as well. The former packs 7MP sensor, whereas the iPhone 11 sports a 12MP shooter on the front.
- While the iPhone XS Max is backed by 15W fast-charging support, the iPhone 11 has 18W fast-charging support – you’ll have to buy the compatible charger separately though.
- The iPhone XS Max runs iOS 12 out of the box, which is upgradeable to iOS 13 via OTA update. The iPhone 11, meanwhile, boots the latest iOS 13 out of the box. This means that the iPhone 11 software support will last longer than its counterpart.
iPhone XS Max – Why you can still consider
Despite being at receiving end, for the most part, the iPhone XS Max has few features working in its favour
- First and foremost, the 6.5-inch Super Retina HD display. It’s a notch-toting display with better resolution and contrast ratio compared to the iPhone 11. The latter sports a 6.1-inch LCD display, marketed by Apple as Liquid Retina display.
- The iPhone XS Max also trumps iPhone 11 in the battery department. The handset features a bigger 3,174 mAh Li-Ion battery cell compared to 3,110mAh battery on iPhone 11.